1. When the required thickness of the steel plate is less than 8mm, the carbon steel plate should be used, and the low-alloy steel plate should be used when the thickness is greater than 8mm.
2. In the case of stiffness or structural design, choose carbon steel as much as possible; in case of strength design, choose carbon steel or low-alloy steel according to the limitations of temperature, pressure and medium.
3. When the required thickness of stainless steel plate is greater than or equal to 12mm, lining, composite plate, surfacing and other materials should be used.
4. For Q245R and Q345R steel plates larger than a certain thickness, normalized steel plates should be used. Due to the limitations of domestic rolling equipment, the rolling ratio of thicker plates is small, and the internal density of the steel plate and the quality of the central structure are poor. In addition, the normalizing treatment of the steel plate can refine the grain and improve the structure, so that the steel plate has better toughness, plasticity and better comprehensive mechanical properties.
5. Stainless steel is used for high-corrosion medium, anti-iron pollution, low-temperature steel with design temperature less than -100 degrees Celsius, and heat-resistant steel with design temperature greater than 500 degrees Celsius. The design temperature for ultra-low carbon stainless steel is not greater than 350-400 degrees Celsius. It should be that the carbon content is too low to reduce its thermal performance.
6. The elongation of 00Cr18Ni5Mo3Si2 steel plate should not be less than 23%.